Sunday, November 22, 2015

NaNoWriMo - Day 22

This is my second NaNoWriMo "check up" for 2015.

I suppose I've been procrastinating on writing more "check up" posts. Partially because I've been busy with homework, etc. Partially because I've just been in such a writing slump.

I have either not been hitting my daily word goal (originally I typo'd and wrote 'faily'. So true.) of 3,333 words per day, or I've been just barely barely reaching it. For example, yesterday I wrote 3,370 words. Less than 40 words over. The most I've written in the past week is 3,535. And it's been like that for so long.

I'm just not liking my book or anything that I'm writing. At all.

I thought it was just the week two blues, and I would be over it by the time I got to this point in the month. But it hasn't blown over yet.

I'm afraid, myself, that this book, "Dragonslayer" is going to become just like last year's novel - I end up hating everything I write, but push through anyway to get the word count, and end up never touching it again because I didn't think there was anything worth saving.

This post is mostly just me rambling. I haven't written anything today but I know I have to. Otherwise I'll just keep falling more and more behind from where I want to be. I'm really sick (waaah. I have the snuffles again, it's true) and just overall very stressed out (maybe why I'm sick).

I hope your writing it going better than mine is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!