Saturday, September 30, 2017

Book Busters Read-a-Thon | TBR

It's time for another Readathon! This time, it's a Readathon hosted by Elena Reads Books on YouTube, called the Book Busters Readathon. It runs from September 30th to October 6th.
I thought this one looked very unique because it has a card to base your TBR on - the goal is to complete a row left to right:


I'm rather busy this week, so I'm going to take this very casually and some of my options are a bit loose or open - so they might be a bit spur of the moment. I figured I'd just make a little stack of options, and then dive right on in!

A BESTSELLER

  • I'm starting with a bestseller that I plan on finishing this Readathon, and that is The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I'm exactly 200 pages in at the moment, meaning I'm a bit over halfway so I know I'll finish it sometime this week!

FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER
  • I... haven't really thought about this option yet, though I might end up rereading The Penderwicks on Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall for this one. Another option is Julia Vanishing or another book off the library shelves that I find intriguing at the time!

YELLOW ON COVER
  • I definitely plan to read The Penderwicks on Point Mouette for this one, and if I end up reading that for the previous challenge, I'll continue on with the Penderwicks series and read The Penderwicks in Spring. Although I'm now realizing I could read a couple of Nancy Drew mysteries... 

WRITTEN BEFORE I WAS BORN
  • I'm thinking of reading a classic for this one. More specifically, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. I've never read it but I really do want to. Another option, of course, is Hamlet by William Shakespeare. (I'm not sure why I put "of course" there. It's not like that was a particularly obvious answer.)

or SHORT STORY COLLECTION
  • I might end up avoiding the classic route completely and opting instead on Slasher Girls & Monster Boys, a collection of what I believe to be horror short stories. I'm a scaredy-cat, but these would be perfect for that chilling October mood!

COVER BUY
  • Honestly, I'd be very impressed with myself if I made it this far. If I did, my strategy would be to choose a random book from the library based solely on the cover, which might actually be fun! 
There's another sort of scorecard, of participation points. These rows don't have to be done in any particular order: 


Here I am, posting a TBR. I also plan on posting a Wrap Up, a currently reading photo on Twitter, reviewing a book on Goodreads, and you can bet I'm building a pillow fort tomorrow to cozily read in! 

I'm sorry this post is a bit all over the place, but I always love participating in Readathons, and I can't wait for what will hopefully be a fun and successful week of reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!