Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Belated Book Busters Wrap Up

Hello, all! It's been a while since the Book Busters Readathon concluded, but since I posted a TBR I thought it would be best if I posted a little wrap-up as well. I had a ton of fun doing this Readathon, and even had the house to myself for the first day, which was nice as it meant plenty of quiet reading time for me!

I ended up finishing two books, and starting a third one:

A BESTSELLER
  • For this one, I read The Girl on Train by Paula Hawkins. I was so pleasantly surprised by this one! It started out a bit boring but the last third of the book balanced that out in my opinion.

FEMALE MAIN CHARACTER
  • This is the one I didn't quite finish! I read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and to be perfectly honest... I didn't enjoy it as much as most people seem to? Eep! I just wasn't expecting it to be as focused on the romance as it was, I think.

YELLOW ON COVER
  • The Penderwicks at Point Mouette by Jeanne Birdsall was my choice for this one. I read some of it outside on the hammock... that was before all this rain started! (Not that I'm complaining; I love the rain!) This one was just as good as I remembered, seeing as how it was a reread.

I also completed some of the mini-challenges! 
  • "Post a TBR"
  • "Post a Wrap Up"
    • Hehe, check! Even if it is up a bit late. 
  • "Tweet about the Readathon"
    • I did do this, and I also participated in a couple of Readathon reading sprints on Twitter!
  • "Review a Book Read"
    • I reviewed both The Girl on the Train and Penderwicks during the Readathon.
  • "Build a Blanket Fort" 
    • I did, and it was very small. But! It was nice and cozy that way. 
  • "Post a Photo of a Snack You're Eating" 
    • Cinnamon roll, yum! This was technically breakfast, but still. 
  • "Post a Currently Reading Photo"
    • I did this as well! 
This was a very fun Readathon! And surprise! I'm participating in another Readathon this Saturday -- Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon. Stick around for a bunch of posts about that, if you want! 

Until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!