Sunday, September 6, 2015

Fandom Mash-Up (#3): *X-Files Theme Music Plays*

Fandom Mash-Up is a weekly meme hosted by Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews. Each week, a new situation is given, and you get to choose five characters from any fandom (bookish or not!) to help you out.
 
This week, the situation is...
There's been a murder *gasp* and the police are calling it an accident but you know they're wrong. Who do you call up to investigate with you?
 
-----
 
 
  1. Fox Mulder and Dana Scully from X-Files

    Yup, totally bringing both of them. I can't just have one or the other with me. They're a team!

    I would need the X-Files investigators with me, because come on... if the police are calling it an accident... there's a 50/50 chance I'll need someone from the X-Files Division with me. If I'm with them, there's a good chance I won't get killed as well, which is always a plus.

  2. Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson from Elementary

    What do you mean I have four people already? I have two groups of two, and it's definitely not the same thing. In my defense, I want both of these people as well, and they too work best as a team.

    You just can't solve a mystery without some adaptation of the classic Sherlock Holmes helping you out, I think. So, this is the take on Sherlock and Watson that I will be enlisting to investigate with me!


  3. Emma Swan from Once Upon A Time

    Emma Swan is a cop, and she regularly has to deal with... unusual crimes, let's put it that way. I think it would help to have her on the team, since she's also a fighter and knows how to defend herself!

    She also has some experience in the field, so she would be able to figure it out, whether it's your every day solution, or something more... magical.

  4. Nick Burkhardt from Grimm

    Also a cop. It seems like most of the people I choose for today's scenario are cops. But, just like Emma, he deals with things that aren't so ordinary.

    I want to make sure there's a good variety here with the types of unordinary that the cops deal with, and Nick's is different from anyone else's. Another benefit is that he's smart, and strategic.

    And, he can always call on his friends Rosalee and Monroe if we needed backup. They'd be able to do something about it, for sure...

  5. Nancy Drew from Nancy Drew Series by Carolyn Keene

    I used to read Nancy Drew books all the time. I own nearly every book in the series (because my step-mom collected them all when she was a kid... thanks, Mom!) and I've read nearly all of them. So I know well enough by now that Nancy would make an important addition to the team.

    For one thing, she's very observant. She would catch clues that nobody else would, and that's very important in a good detective! Even better, she'd know how to put those clues together to solve the puzzle. I'd be very glad to have her on my side!


    Special shout-out to Scooby Doo and friends, whom sadly couldn't be depended on in this expedition. If one of the detectives above can't make it, you guys can be my back-up. I hope everyone has an awesome three-day weekend!
    

2 comments:

  1. The X-Files team is a GREAT pick, as are Sherlock and Watson of course :D Emma Swan is another great one, she's a natural detective so she'd definitely be an asset! Nancy Drew is another really neat and creative pick^^ I have yet to watch Grimm but I've heard awesome things about it! Awesome team Emma and I hope you're having an awesome long weekend too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yes- Scully and Mulder would be brilliant for this! And I completely forgot about Nancy Drew; this is totally her element. Awesome team! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!