Friday, September 11, 2015

Friday Reads [#07]

Happy Friday, everybody! It's my first Friday back in school, and already I have a lot of homework to complete. And, I'm going to a walk thing tomorrow with my family, which should take most of the morning, so I'm not sure how much reading I'll actually be getting done this weekend, but I am going to try to sneak in a few pages here and there.

First, I'm going to try and finish up Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. It's the fourth book in the Inheritance Cycle and the supposed final book (I'm not sure, but I think he has said he will write a fifth book in this world?). I read the first book when I was still in Elementary School but although I re-read the first couple a few times, I've never read this one. And... I have mixed thoughts on it. I'll probably have a series review, or at least an individual review for this one up on my blog when I finish it, because I have a lot of feelings about this one. Some are good, some are bad. CONFLICT.

I'll also be reading more of Court of Fives by Kate Elliott. This is the first book in a Young Adult Fantasy series (or trilogy, I'm not sure). It was in the new release section of the library, and I recognized it from Goodreads browsing, so I picked it up. I'm about 200 pages in, and it's okay so far. I'm sure I will get into it more in the future, if  I have time to just read and nothing else. It reminds me a lot of a mix between The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson and Atlantia by Allie Condie. The writing style is really familiar as well.

And, if I have time, I will read a bit more of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I've been reading this off and on for a couple months, but that's no surprise since I don't read many classics, and I can be a pretty slow reader. I'm just over two-thirds of the way through, I believe and I'm finding it really enjoyable! Jane is such a great character. However, I'm a bit wary since I have it as an eBook I got for free and I'm not sure if it's abridged or not?? Yikes? I hope it's not.

And, I will be reading my history textbook as well of course. Fun times.

What are you reading or doing this weekend? Anything exciting? Have a fabulous weekend and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!