Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme featuring lists. As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely ladies at Broke and Bookish blog.
This week's topic is the top ten book series that you need to finish (or it looks like you can also add series you need to catch up on?).
Here's my list!
- The Inheritance Cycle by Chistopher Paolini - I feel like I'm cheating by including this one since a) I am reading the last book, Inheritance right now and I'm ~130 pages away from finishing it and b) the author has stated there will be a fifth book in this world. But, I'm going to add this one anyway since I started reading this series when I was very young but never finished it. Plus, dragons.
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - I've read the first three books in this urban fantasy series, but have yet to read the last three. This series is pretty popular so I'm definitely going to be diving back in, I just don't know when.
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - I absolutely loved the first three books in this series, despite my so-so attitude when it comes to vampires in books. The fourth book wasn't my favorite but Mead's writing is so addicting that I definitely will be reading the last two books!
- The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo - I read the first two books in the trilogy last year, and I just never got around to Ruin and Rising. This is another popular series, and since I am highly anticipating Six of Crows, I know I need to finish this one!
- The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu - Confession: I've only read the first book and I wasn't the biggest fan. But maybe if I re-read this and get onto the second book, Prodigy, I will discover a love for it? This isn't at the top of my list, but it still is there.
- WondLa by Tony Diterlizzi - This is a middle grade science fiction trilogy that I own a complete set of, and the illustrations and story are so much fun. I've read the first two, and the third one will hopefully be just as fun.
- Fablehaven by Brandon Mull - This is another middle grade book series, but this time fantasy. I've read the first two or three books and they are so much fun! I really got into this world when I read them so I need to read the last couple of books.
- Howl's Moving Castle Series by Diana Wynne Jones - Howl's Moving Castle is still one of my all-time favorite books. I have the second book in this companion trilogy sitting on my shelves right now, so I don't know why I haven't read it! I think I'm scared I won't like it as much as the first book.
- Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman - I've only read the first book, but so many people like this young adult dystopian series that I feel a need to complete it. One day.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - This is the one book series on my list where not all the books are out yet. I've read the first two books in this series: Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight, but have yet to read the prequel novellas or the other two books that are out. But there has been so much hype for this lately that makes me want to carry on!