Monday, March 7, 2016

Fandom Mashup (#5) - Girl Power!


Fandom Mashups is a weekly meme hosted by Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews! Every week, there's a new topic, and participants choose five characters from any fandom to help them with that task. This week's theme is one I'm super pumped about:
 
Who run the world? Girls! Pick your 5 leading ladies to rule the world!
 
---
 
  1. Nasuada (The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini): Okay, I'm cheating. She's not a leading lady. (In fact, only two of the girls I picked are the main characters. Sh.) NASUADA IS THE ACTUAL GREATEST. I will sing her praises from the rooftops and I'm so in love with her. She's so badass, and even better, she's a woman of color! I could talk about her all day. She's the most underrated female character I know of, and she's the best ruler. I don't want to spoil anything for this book series, but let's just say she really has to take charge and really does it well. I want her ruling the world, please.
  2. Eowyn (Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien): Eowyn is one of my favorite characters as well. She can be motherly and kind, and yet she's also swift and brave and deadly. She's so fierce in battle, and the love she has for her people, and the passion she carries would make her a great leader.
  3. Rey (Star Wars: The Force Awakens): My favorite little mechanic baby. I would say she needs to be protected, but I know perfectly well she can protect herself. She'd make a good leader because she would never give up, and she would be a very fair ruler. Plus I love her and would put her on the throne in an instant.
  4. Padme Amidala (Star Wars: Episodes I, II, + III): Because I can never let Star Wars well enough alone, I have to mention Padme as well. Obviously, she's already the Queen and thus has plenty of experience. She keeps a level head in even the toughest of situations and is willing to make peaceful negotiations to get what she needs. Plus her fashion game is great.
  5. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer): Okay, she is my second most favorite mechanic baby. I think Cinder would be a great leader of this Queendom, because again, she keeps a very level head, and is also very thoughtful and practical. Sometimes it pays to have someone practical on the throne.
BONUS QUEENS:
  1. Leia Organa (Star Wars: Episodes IV, V, + VI): Again, she's a princess when this trilogy of movies starts out so she has the experience. She's able to make split-second decisions, and wise ones at that. Also, she's just the kind of person that everyone loves to be bossed around by, and no one really questions her, because seriously, she knows what she's doing.
  2. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling): Um, I think this one is almost a no-brainer. Hermione is one of the smartest, if not the smartest, characters in the entire bookish universe. If she couldn't run a country or a Queendom, I'm not entirely sure who could. She would seriously make the best ruler.
  3. Martha Jones (Doctor Who): Martha was my favorite companion when she travelled with the Tenth Doctor. She's actually a Doctor, and you have to be very smart to be a Doctor, so I have every confidence in her. She's seen a lot of things and has been tough and brave through them all. She gives off a very confident air so I know that she would be a confident and great Queen.
Okay, I know that was a lot, but I couldn't leave ANY of these ladies out. I know I'd let any of them become Queen of a country and I'd entrust them with my life. (ESPECIALLY NASUADA. I'm so proud of this choice, honestly.)
 
This was my favorite topic to date! So much fun and I got to spread some lady love as well!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome picks Emma^^ ♥ I still need to meet Nasuada but I own the first book in the series and I WILL read it soon! All of your other picks are QUEENS too though: Martha, Hermione, Leia, Eowyn, Cinder, Rey, Padme! ALL the love!! Thanks for participating this week :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There's so many people who dislike the Inheritance Cycle, but I hope you like it, like I did! Nasuada is so great! Thanks for hosting!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!