Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Very Shadowhunters February Wrap-Up

Hey guys! Today I have my February 2016 Reading Wrap-Up. We got an extra day of reading in this month due to Leap Day! I also had some fun and memorable moments as I actually managed to go on a camping trip this month, and my grandparents celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary!

I also managed to get many books read, more than partially due to a new obsession of mine -

The Shadowhunters Chronicles by Cassandra Clare.

I honestly don't know how it happened, but I managed to read 5 books this month and all of them were in the Shadowhunters Chronicles by Cassandra Clare. Um... oops? #sorrynotsorry

Let's get on to the wrap-ups and mini-reviews!

--

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare: Okay, this book completely blew me away. I loved City of Fallen Angels (which I read in January) but this one was even better! And that ending? Let's just say that my Goodreads Review was incomprehensible because I was a complete blubbering mess and 100% not okay.
5/5 stars, of course! (would have given it 10 stars if possible!)
Goodreads Review

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare: So, I was seriously coming off a City of Lost Souls hangover when I decided to read the first book in the Infernal Devices trilogy. Maybe I should have waited, but I needed more of the Shadowhunters world, and I heard I'd be spoiled if I continued straight onto City of Heavenly Fire. And this one was really good! I didn't fall in love, (yet) but I still had a great time, and the ending was seriously some of the best action that I've read. The characters were great as well, and obviously the setting really was meant for me. 19th century London?! How about YES.
4/5 stars, Goodreads Review

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: I decided to go right onto Clockwork Prince, because at this point, I didn't know what to do with my life if I wasn't reading a Cassandra Clare novel. (Oops?)
So, honestly, this book was the one where I realized that I might have a little book crush on Magnus Bane. Okay maybe more than a little. Y'all can have Will Herondale. In all seriousness, though, this book in no way suffered second-book syndrome and just got increasingly better! Ahhh this was so good and I love these characters!
4.5/5 stars, Goodreads Review

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare: BRB SOBBING FOREVER. This book was so so so incredible and emotional and one of the wildest rides a book has ever taken me on. It just might be my favorite series conclusion (after the Crimson Crown, of course). These characters and friendships and romances make me so emotional and bascically the entire last 100 pages I was a blubbering mess for many reasons. Why, emotions, why. This was the easiest rating I've ever given in my life. I cannot wait for The Last Hours trilogy starting in 2017. I need more, more, more.
5/5 stars, Goodreads Review

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare: Okay, it's not really fair to my soul that I had to read both conclusions one after another. I was, once again, very emotional, though not quite as emotional as I was after Clockwork Princess. This was a very thick book, weighing in well over 700 pages, and yet I finished it less than a week (while camping, what's more!). I could not put it down. I really loved this book and it was such a great ending to this series, while at the same time, providing enough foreshadowing to keep me on my toes for the Dark Artifices (which comes out in three days. So excited!)
5/5 stars,  Goodreads Review

--

Whew! Those are the books that I read in February. In case you couldn't tell, I had a stellar reading month and I didn't know what to do with myself after realizing that I had finished all the currently published Shadowhunters novels.

Then I remembered that I have yet to read The Bane Chronicles and Tales from Shadowhunters Academy, and that Lady Midnight was coming out in about a week, and I felt less dejected and lost.

How was your February Reading Month? Until next time, Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!