Wednesday, June 10, 2015

First Library Book Haul of Summer

Today was my last day of school, and I just had to go to the library to celebrate. It was hot outside, so I got an ice cream bar to celebrate too, but the books are the important things here, let's be real.

---

Currently, I'm reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini for the third time, so I figured I'd pick up the second book in the series, Eldest while I was at the library. I'm sure you know what this one is about already, but in case you don't, this series is a four-book series about dragons. The main character, Eragon, starts out as a farm boy but finds a strange blue stone that turns out to be a dragon egg. I've read the first three (two and a half? I can't remember now) books in this series before (the series is called the Inheritance Cycle, by the way) but I've never picked up the last one. I always tell myself to, so this summer just might be my chance.

Going a completely different route, I picked up Vixen (Flappers #1)  by Jillian Larkin. This is one I've been eyeing for awhile. It takes place in 1920's America, and from the series title, I can determine that it is about Flappers. YES. I love that time era, with speak easies, prohibition, flapper girls, woman's suffrage... I've already started the first couple pages of this, and already it's making me laugh out loud.

Sticking on that historical fiction route, I got The Luxe (Luxe #1) by Anna Godbersen. This is another one that has been on my TBR since forever. It sounds like Gossip Girl set in 1899 Manhattan (another time period I love), and just like a quick fun read that I'm hoping I will enjoy!

Surprisingly enough, that's all the books I got from the library today. I can't wait to start reading all of them!

Until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!