Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Reads [#04]

It's Friday again, and a very special Friday as well... it's my first Friday of summer vacation. It's still at the point where it feels like I have just had several days off in a row, instead of feeling like an actual... summer vacation.

In other news, I've been feeling very, veeeeeery, slumpy lately. I just can't get into reading at all. I've tried picking up multiple things over the course of the week, but nothing really stuck. I visited the library a couple days ago, and I was hoping that would help me find something to fall in love with, but blah.

Just not feeling anything right now.

That doesn't mean I'm not reading! I am reading! At least, I'm trying to. Currently, I'm reading two books, but I'm more into one than the other.

The first book I'm reading is Eragon by Christopher Paolini. This one is about dragons and things. I love dragons and things! Sadly, I'm just not feeling it. I'm 165 pages through this one right now, and I think the reason I'm mostly feeling 'meh' about it, is that it got to a boring part (nothing is happening. Why.) and it's also the third or so time I've re-read this book, sooo. Yeah. I know everything that happens, which is ruining the fun. And the only reason I picked it up in the first place was because it's one of the few books that I own that I kinda wanted to re-read, but now I'm not feeling it. I might DNF this one.

The other book I got is a library book and that one is Vixen by Jillian Larkin. This one is really good! I'm 300-something pages through it so far. Really loving it! Or I was, but now that it's slowed down a bit pacing-wise I'm getting slumpy again. I won't DNF it like I might with Eragon, but still. It's kind of like Gossip Girls in 1923, with Flappers. (I've never read/watched Gossip Girls but this is what Vixen is compared to a lot.) I think Gloria is my favorite character.

Hm, other news. Well, it's been a pretty relaxing few days, I guess. Later this week, I'm taking a trip to Seattle, Washington with a friend and we're going to the zoo, the space needle, and all sorts of places like that.

I'll see you guys next Friday (maaaaybe. I'll be in Seattle so I might not be able to get a post up then, but I'll try).

Until next time, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!