Monday, June 15, 2015

How I Read Books | Book Tag

I totally stole this tag from Youtube, and I first saw it on "Thoughts on Tomes" channel. But I can't for the life of me remember the proper creator of this tag, sorry! All credit goes to them though. Since this looked fun, I decided to fill in my answers
----


How do you find out about new books to read?

 

If I don’t find out about new releases from Booktube or the blogosphere, I usually find out from browsing Goodreads or Amazon. I have this weird thing where I go to a book I like, and then click through the sort of “Customers also bought” section until I find one with a pretty cover or cool title.

How did you get into reading?

 

Everyone’s answer, but I’ve been into reading since forever. My mom was a reading teacher when I was born, so that may have had something to do with it, but honestly my entire family reads, so it really rubbed  off as a child.

How has your taste in books changed as you’ve gotten older?

 

Not much. I’ve always been into the Fantasy genre, from “The Wind and the Willows” and “Grimm’s Fairy Tales” as a toddler to “Warriors” in middle school to “Lord of the Rings” and “Howl’s Moving Castle” now.

 

How often do you buy books?

 

For my birthday, or whenever we go to one certain book store up in a different city.

 

How did you get into booktubing (book blogging)?

I think I saw people blogging and figured, “Hey, that’d be a cool thing to do.” So I did. I want to start a Booktube channel when I get older, but for now I like my little nook of the internet just fine.

 

How do you react when you don’t like the end of a book?


Disappointment, abounds, seriously. The ending is what really makes or breaks a book for me, and if it fails me, then I just have to rant to someone who’s already read the book. I’ve got to let out that out to someone!

How often do you take a sneak peek at the end of the book to see if there’s a happy ending?

 

I USED TO DO THIS ALL THE TIME. I would actually view all the spoilers I could, and even look up the ending online to make sure. I get really anxious when it comes to books, and I don’t care if its happy or sad or bittersweet, I just want to know the ending. I don’t do that as much anymore, but sometimes I still peek.
 
 
---
Thanks for reading! Have a great week. (As a heads up, I will be MIA until next Monday, so the 22nd I will be back!)

2 comments:

  1. Agh, I cannot peek at the endings! I CAN'T. My mum does and it used to drive me to distraction...because no matter how anxious the book was making me, I had to be all linear about reading it. xD This is quite an awesome tag, I love the questions!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's such a bad habit, and I'm trying to break it! Especially now that I've learned to "savor the surprise"... but old habits die hard, as they say. XD

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!