Thursday, February 11, 2016

Harry Potter Moment of the Week (6)

This is a weekly meme, hosted by Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows Reviews and Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts. Every week, there is a new topic/question about the Harry Potter universe, books, or characters. Anything to do with these awesome books! I've had Harry Potter on the brain lately, and this week the focus is on one of my favorite characters in the whole series!
 
This week's question: Favorite Rubeus Hagrid Moment?
 
--
 
Throughout the entire series, I think Hagrid is just such a mentor and a fatherly figure to Harry, while at the same time still being a good friend. He appears so gruff but is actually so kind and warm-hearted and that's where all my favorite Hagrid moments originate!
 
Spoilers for the books from here on out. I, of course, love the fact that he treats these terrifying beasts like they are his children. I love when he adopts Norbert the Dragon (partially because that's exactly something I would do). I also really like the scene where Hagrid sends Harry a letter with these big tear drops on them and it's all about Aragog's sad passing. Then he hosts something of a funeral, and I don't know, I always thought that showed what a huge heart Hagrid had, that he was hosting a funeral for a giant spider.
 
Of course, I also love his moments with Harry, Ron, and Hermione, whenever he is helping them out. Oh, it's so hard to pick just one scene, since I love every time that Hagrid comes onto the page! I think those are my favorites, though. 

4 comments:

  1. I loved how Hagrid cooked for them. XD I mean, his cooking might've been awful?!? BUT HE WAS NICE TO COOK SCONES AND THINGS. hehe.
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hagrid is such a great character, throughout the series! He's the perfect mix of mentor/father figure/friend to Harry and I love him for the fact alone ♥ His unconditional love of animals is so special too - even though it did make for some...interesting Care of Magical Creatures classes XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the best! And yes, I love how he loves animals so much, and loves his job as well. Yes, his lessons may have been slightly... dangerous, lol!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!