Thursday, May 29, 2014

May Wrap-Up

Hey all! Because I'll be busy all weekend, I decided to make my grand first Wrap-Up Post today instead of this weekend! I'll post the books read this month, my rating of them, and a very brief review, as well as the books I am currently reading. All ratings are out of 5 Stars. Enjoy!

This Month I Read 4 Books.

Books Read This Month:
  • The School For Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: 
    Rating: 5 Stars
     
    Finished on May 4th, 2014
    This book takes the prize for my favorite book this month. I enjoyed it so much that it has reached a Top 3 spot in my favorite books. I really enjoyed the character's in this book, and the way that the author portrayed them. It had a bit of a slow start, but for those last 3 chapters, it was so worth it. I would highly reccomend this. 

  • The Fault in Our Stars by John Green:
     
    Rating: 4 Stars
     
    Finished on May 6th, 2014
     
    Based on the high praise, the high Goodreads rating, and the high reccomendation this book has recieved, I was expecting a masterpiece. And I'll admit, it was pretty darn close. I was happy to see that Mr. Green respected the serious illness of cancer, and didn't romanticize it, or downgrade it. He told it truthfully. This book was full of heartache and sorrow, and I would reccomend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

  • The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima:
     
    Rating: 3.5 Stars
     
    Finished on May 26th, 2014
     
    This book was a long one, and it dragged a bit at parts, which is probably why it took me so long to read it. But don't let that sour begginning slow you down. Overall, the first book of the Seven Realms Series was a great one. I loved Han's character at the start of the book, but he was different at the end, and I'm not sure if I liked him as much that way. If you like Fantasy Adventure, and don't mind a long read, this book series is for you.

  • The Exiled Queen by Cinda Williams Chima:
  • Rating: 4 StarsFinished on May 29th, 2014
Yup, I finished this book today. I read the last 50 pages in the last 30 minutes of class, and I think I gasped out loud at one point (causing an odd look from the librarian and the librarian's assisstant). This is one of the few instances where the second book was better than the first book. I was pleasantly surprised, and I cannot wait to read the Third Book in the series.


Currently Reading:
 
  •  The Selection by Kiera Cass: 82/327 Pages Read Thus Far
    Began Reading Today
    Despite it's negative reviews that I have seen, I rather like this book so far, along with it's main character. It promises an interesting read and I hope that it keeps its reading style.
Fifty Degrees Below by Kim Stanley Robinson:292/603 Pages Read Thus Far
Began a Long Time Ago
Yeah, I don't even remember when I started reading this book. It's a slow read, so I set it down, and... well, I never came back. Until now. I'm picking up where I left off and hoping this book will engage me more as I read.

See you all next time! Happy Reading! Sorry for the weird formatting, I tried and failed at fixing it. I doubt anyone reads this blog anyway, so it's sort of only me worried about it at least, heh heh. Anyway, see ya' later!

5 comments:

  1. I keep hearing wonderful things about Cinda Williams Chima's books! I need to read them, don't I? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do! Hehe. Seriously though, I really enjoy reading them, and if you like the style of her writing, then they are great fantasy adventure books.

      Delete
  2. I loooooove The Fault In Our Stars! :) Are you excited for the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I am so excited! Are you planning on seeing it in theaters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! :) My parents, BFF, and I are stocking up on tissues now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!