Wednesday, July 23, 2014

SLC: Library Scavenger Hunt!

So, this week on Summer Library Challenge (hosted by the lovely Book Monsters) it was time to do a Scavenger Hunt! This one was so much fun and it really forced me to try and discover new things! I'm sad that this challenge is coming to an end, and I really hope they host it again next summer.


1. Go to your favorite section of the library. Close your eyes and feel out, picking a random book. If it’s a book you haven’t read before, see if it’s one you would like and then check it out and read it.
I went to the YA section of the library, and chose a shelf at random. Then I closed my eyes and picked out...
Witchlanders by Lena Coakley

2. Go to a section of the library you’ve never been to and pick out a book you normally wouldn’t.
For this one I went to the manga section because that's somewhere I don't go often plus it was nearby...
Hikaru no Go Vol. 1 story by Yumi Hotta

3. Talk to your reference librarian, ask them a question (or two), skip the computer and go straight to the source to help you find something.
I didn't accomplish this one... oops.

4. If you normally use self checkout, go to an actual circulation clerk to check out. Or opposite.
Okay, the only reason I did this was because the self chechkout refused to check out one of my books and kept coming up with an error message. Luckily, the circulation clerk did not do the same.

5. Find a movie, CD, or other non-print item to check out.
Uh... I didn't do this one either. Does an anthology of short stories count? I don't think I've ever checked out an anthology before, so I checked out...
Zombies vs. Unicorns edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbaleister

There we have it, library goodness! I suppose this also turned into a bit of a "Library Haul" so that can count. Hehe. See you next time!

1 comment:

  1. Witchlanders has been on my TBR for a long time. I hope you enjoy the manga, I absolutely love reading manga.

    Zombies vs. Unicorns was really good, I hope you enjoy it! I sort of failed most of these. I checked out Breaking Dawn part 1 and had a good laugh with the hubby and actually saw my reference librarian to claim my summer reading prize - woot! I found a hardcover book that's been on my TBR list.

    Otherwise, I failed at the other ones. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!