Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bout of Books 11.0 Wrap-Up

Here it is! My final Bout of Books 11.0 Update, and this time it is the long overdue wrap-up post...

First off, thank you so much for the hosts of this read-a-thon, and the individual challenge hosts for each day. I loved how encouraging everyone was and the challenges were so creative and fun to do! Also, to anyone who commented on my blog during the read-a-thon, thank you! It really encouraged me to read even more.

Now, before this turns into a full on speech, I should get to my progress for the week! I read three and a half books in seven days!


  • Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta-- This book was a solid five star book for me, which was really something as I was venturing out of my genre with this book. Jellicoe Road was a real emotional rollercoaster and it had me sobbing, laughing, and gasping out loud at the sheer cleverness of this book.
  • Six Months Later by Natalie D. Richards-- While this book was still enjoyable and I finished it in one day, it wasn't quite as good as Jellicoe Road in my opinion. The characters weren't quite as powerful as Marchetta's were, and I just didn't find myself invested into the writing style. However the plot had me hooked!
  • Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld-- Four stars from me, because while I really liked it, it just took awhile for me to get really into the book. I have loved the steampunk genre ever since reading Airborn by Kenneth Oppel, and I've always wanted to read something by Mr. Westerfeld. The illustrations in this book were spectacular.
  • Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld-- Next, I continued on with the Leviathan Trilogy and read the second book, Behemoth. I thought there was quite a bit of character growth in this one and I found myself really able to connect with these fully-fleshed out people. While I didn't manage to finish this one during the Read-a-thon, I did get halfway through!
There we have it, the three and a half  books I read! I might post a review of The Leviathan Trilogy soon, so stay tuned. That's all I really have for this post! Thanks for stopping by and reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!