Monday, September 22, 2014

Monday Musings (3)

Hosted by Should Be Reading every Monday! Haven't done one of these in awhile, but since I haven't done one, I wanted to! Here is the description she has to share:

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

Today, I'm going to talk about what books I am currently/about to start reading! Lucky me, I get to do book reports in two classes! My favorite type of homework. For History Class, I have to read a novel set in a historic time period of the twentieth century, and I chose 1918. The book I'm going to start reading is Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson.
It's about a sixteen year old girl named Hattie who moves out to Iowa to claim her Uncle's land after he passes away, all by herself. Why did I choose this one? I really love independent women/young women protagonists from this time period. Her adventure sounds like a very entertaining one to read.

Secondly, I have a book report for English due, and it's to read and do this whole big assignment on a Non Fiction book. For this one I chose Spook by Mary Roach. It's about Science investigating the afterlife, and to be honest from what I have read it's a lot different than I had expected. It's actually pretty witty and humorous in some parts. My favorite quote so far is after she apologizes to the person she was working with. He says: "It's okay, you only lost your mind twice."

And the last book I am reading right now is The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. This is just a free time reading book. I wanted to read this one because Chima has been a favorite author of mine ever since I read her Seven Realms Series in May or June, I believe. A very skilled author. Thus far her Heir Chronicles isn't quite as good in my opinion as the Seven Realms but I am still liking it.

[[On a non-bookish note, Once Upon A Time returns this Sunday! Who else is excited?]]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!