Friday, May 22, 2015

Friday Reads [#01]



Hello, all! Lately on Youtube, I've seen lots of Booktubers (youtubers who vlog about books) including a feature on their channels entitled Friday Reads. I have no idea who started this trend, but I rather liked it so I am including it as a hopefully weekly feature on my blog! The concept is simple enough: it's just a chance to talk about your current reads, and anticipated reads for the weekend, etc.

Without further ado...

-------
      
At this moment, I am in the middle of two books. Both are sequels in a series, that I have checked out from the library. The first is The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski. I'm near the end of it now, after starting it last Saturday, and boy, are things getting tense!  If you've read it, then you probably know what I'm talking about. I'd love to go more in depth but I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't read it yet!  

I'm really enjoying this one so far. The world-building is spectacular and the characters feel so real!  Also, pretty cover.

I'm thinking I'll be doing a review on this blog of both the first book, The Winner's Curse, and this book once I've finished it (which will probably be on Saturday or Sunday). I really should do more reviews on this blog, but I do review every book I read on my Goodreads account!

The other book I am currently reading is City of Glass by Cassandra Clare, the third book in The Mortal Instruments series.

I'm around 200 pages through, I think. (And it's thicker than I thought! It's almost 550 pages long!) It's good, but I think City of Bones is still my favorite in the series. So far, anyway.

My enjoyment may have been lessened by the fact that I know a ton of spoilers for this book, and the rest of the series. It's a fast read though, I'll give it that. This is another series I might do a review on once I've finished this book.

Plus, I've been seeing TV show news about this series everywhere-- on Tumblr, Youtube, blogs... I'm so excited to see Shadowhunters when it premieres on ABC Family in January! I've loved the casting choices and my three favorite castings would have to be Isabelle, Magnus, and Valentine. I think they got those three spot-on, and now I'm just hoping they can act! I have faith in them.

I'm planning on finishing at least one of these books over the three-day weekend, so once I do, what will I be moving on to next?

Day 21 by Kass Morgan. I know, I know, the first book in the 100 series was awful. But I'm all for second chances and I'm the kind of person who is unable to give up on series, even when it is bad for me. Who knows, it might get better? And the end of the last book did end on a cliffhanger...

Some of my other plans, other than reading, and LOTS of studying + homework (finals are coming up in just a couple short weeks and I am NERVOUS. So much to catch up on, and so much to study for. Yeekes.)  I'm going Frisbee golfing with my family, hiking with my family + some friends (and maybe delicious pizza afterwards? we'll see.), and catching up on some sleep.

I hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!