Sunday, October 18, 2015

Sweater Weather Tag

I wasn't actually tagged by anyone to do this but I saw it on Aimee @ To The Barricade's blog, and I just had to do it myself. I love Autumn, Winter, cold weather, oversized sweaters, hot drinks, pumpkin spice... just give me all the cozy things!

Favorite Candle Scent During Winter and Autumn, my family loves to put candles everywhere to get in the mood. I really love the Peppermint ones.
 
Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate? Okay, so... I've never... tried... coffee? I am a disgrace, honestly. But I do love the smell of coffee and have always wanted to try it.
I love tea, especially peppermint teas (peppermint everything is my favorite, okay?) or green tea with a bit of honey and lemon... mmm...
I think Hot Chocolate wins out though. I love putting those little marshmallows on top, and adding some peppermint to the bottom of the mug. Hot Chocolate is just so warm and cozy.

What's the best fall memory you have? 
Okay, unpopular opinion time: Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It combines family and food, my two favorite things!
Every Thanksgiving, my extended family on my Mom's side (so... just over 30 people? Sometimes more, depending on who can make it) all gather together and bring a bit of food from our own homes. It's seriously a feast, and I love my extended family on that side so much. The energy is just the greatest.
Plus, I have two little cousins (5 and 3) who love to play with me. We play everything from Hide and Seek tag to Air Hockey.
It's grand.
 
Best fragrance for fall:I'm not sure? Pumpkin Spice definitely gives off the Fall vibe, but I actually like the smell of strong coffee.
 
Favorite Thanksgiving food: WHY.
I love love loooove Mashed Potatoes and Gravy. I could eat five helpings of it and not get sick. It's just so delicious and one of my favorite comfort foods (just after homemade macaroni and cheese). I also like the green beans that we have, and the stuffing is very good.
Ooh, and my cousin makes the best baked goods. Cookies and cupcakes and brownies. So delish.
ALSO PUMPKIN PIE.
Can I just say all of it?
 
What is autumn weather like where you live? Currently? Frustratingly hot. It's supposed to be 80 degrees Farenheit today. No. Nonono. I want cold and rain and below freezing, thank you.
Normally it's very rainy and pleasantly miserable. I love it.
 
Most worn sweater:
 
I had this pink sweater that I used to wear all the time. It was my only overlarge sweater. It's retired now.
 
Football games or jumping in leaf piles? Bugs scare me.
I don't understand football at all but I love the football season because of how much my family loves it. They get so into it. And I get chips and dip so it's all good there.
I love the energy of my High School's football games as well. I went to one last week, and even though I didn't get any of it (and I just mostly talked and laughed with my friend the entire time instead of watching the game), I love cheering with everyone and just enjoying a good-natured game.
 
Skinny jeans or leggings?Neither. I don't think I one a pair of either one. But, probably leggings because they look more comfy.
 
Combat boots or Uggs? Again, I don't own any. Sadface. I feel like I would like the comfiness of Uggs though. They look very soft.
 
Is Pumpkin Spice worth the hype? 
YES.
I love Pumpkin Spice everything. Give me all the Pumpkin Spice lattes, M n' M's, candles, donuts, everything.
I tried Pumpkin Spice Soda yesterday and it was very good. 10/10 recommend.
 
Favorite fall TV show: 
I really love a lot of Fall TV shows. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, The Goldbergs, The Middle, Modern Family, Worst Cooks in America, Grimm. But my favorite has to be Once Upon A Time. Love that show!
 
What song really gets you into the fall spirit? Instrumentals.
Before October Ends from Cimorelli, even though it's rather depressing. (I think a lot of depressing songs go well with fall).
But, of course, the ultimate song of Fall... This Is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas!
 
Hats or scarves? Both! But especially hats because they can hide my messy hair.
 
What's your #1 favorite thing about fall?Apple cider, pumpkin pies, football games. Thanksgiving, and Halloween. Carving pumpkins and the ridiculous Halloween specials that come on TV. Rain. Reading scary books beneath the covers at night. Donuts and hot chocolate. Darker days and longer nights. NaNoWriMo. Sweaters, jeans, and jumping into puddles. Coziness. Not as many bugs. No more hot sunny torture season. Family.
I just love everything about Autumn.
It's my favorite season!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!