Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Beat the Heat Read-A-Thon


I told myself I wasn't going to do it. I told myself I wasn't going to join yet another read a thon, but the dates on this one are just to perfect to pass up! It started yesterday, when I spent the entire day reading my new library book, and it ends the day before school starts!

This challenge is hosted by Phantasmic Reads and Novel Heartbeat,

My goals for this challenge are to read 10 books, so about 3 books a week since this one lasts for 3 weeks. I'll keep this as my main progress post as well.


Progress:

August 11th
Total Books Read: 0
Currently Reading: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Pages Read: 168
Comments: I spent a lot of time reading today. I really got into my book, it certainly has me hooked, even though I wasn't anticipating to enjoy it this much! Ernest Cline's writing style is just so great and enjoyable.

August 12th
Total Books Read: 1
Currently Reading: Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Pages Read: 206
Comments:  So far, I am on track with that goal of mine to read one book every two days... let's hope I can keep it up

August 13th
Total Books Read: 1
Currently Reading: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Pages Read: 0
Comments: Whoopsies.

August 14th
Total Books Read: 1
Currently Reading: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Pages Read: 0
Comments: I'm going camping today, so don't expect any more updates until Sunday, when I shall bombard you all. Hopefully, I can actually make some progress on this book because I am super excited to read it but let me tell you all a secret... I haven't actually started it yet. Eek!

August 15th
Total Books Read: 1
Currently Reading: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Pages Read: 122
Comments: I finally started reading this book! It is a very enjoyable and page turning book that hooked me from the start. I also read quite a chunk of it as you can tell. It also is not that long of a book so I should whip through it rather quickly.

August 16th
Total Books Read: 1
Currently Reading: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Pages Read: 88
Comments: Luckily I had time to read even more of this book today. I rather forgot how much of it I read today but I am pretty sure it was about that much or so. And I was so hoping I could remember too!

August 17th
Total Books Read: 2
Currently Reading: Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Pages Read: 78
Comments: And I finished it, just in time for the Bout Of Books Readathon tomorrow. I might do a review on it since my opinions were a bit mixed? Overall though it was a really great read especially to bring along on a camping trip to read.

August 18th
Total Books Read: 2
Currently Reading: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Pages Read:
Comments: It was the first day of Bout of Books 11.0 today! I started my library book a little after 2pm I want to say. I am enjoying it so far, and how dark it is along with a bit of mystery. It isn't what I was expecting but I am liking it a lot anyway.

August 19th
Total Books Read:
Currently Reading: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Pages Read:
Comments:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!