Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bout Of Books 11.0 Update (Day FOUR)

 


In case you didn't gather from the title, today is day four of the bout of books read a thon. We're halfway there! (exactly for me actually, as it is 12:00 on the dot.) I am also more than halfway to my goal of 1,200 pages that I set out for myself.

Since I finished my book yesterday, I started a new one. I am not far into it (only 10 pages) but I really like the illustrations and writing of the book. It's also my first Scott Westerfeld novel I believe.


Total Pages Read: 848
Pages Read Today: 106
Total Books Read: 2
Currently Reading: Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
Other Comments: So I got this whole trilogy and I am planning on marathonning all three books in a row. I am really looking forward to it as the first book seems very promising from what I have read so far. Also, the illustrations are stunning! I know I mentioned that right above, but the detail put into them amazes me. I cannot wait to read more of this book.

The challenge today was "If you like ___, try ____ because ____" which was hosted by Writing My Own Fairytale so here we go!

If you like...

Once Upon a Time
Bad quality images taken off of Google...ONCE UPON A TIME
Then try...
read the sisters grimm with my mom and my brother it was about these ...
A slightly better quality image taken off of Google!
THE SISTERS GRIMM SERIES
BY MICHAEL BUCKLEY

Because...

Who doesn't love a slightly better quality image, am I right?
Both the TV series and the Books feature fairy tale creatures living in the real world. Sure, the books are middle grade but they are really quick to get through and have a high entertainment factor. Plus both of them are so addicting that you can binge read or binge watch both of them without noticing how much time has gone by.
Trust me, I know this from experience.

 
Okay, that was actually so much fun that I might do another one. But maybe later because right now I have some reading to do!
Until tomorrow, happy reading!


2 comments:

  1. I read the first book in The Sisters Grimm series, and I really enjoyed it. You're right - it would go well with Once Upon a Time viewing. Congrats on reaching your halfway point and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it such a fun read? And I'm glad you agree! :D
      Thanks! I hope you have a fantastic read a thon!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!