Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bout Of Books 11.0 Update (Day SEVEN)


Here we are, arrived at the very last day of Bout of Books 11.0-- and my very first Bout of Books, might I add! So far I have read 3 books, and with my reading today, I hit my goal of 1,200 pages to read. I was so happy. I will put up a wrap up post tomorrow.


Total Pages Read: 1,402
Pages Read Today: 220
Total Books Read: 3
Currently ReadingBehemoth by Scott Westerfeld

There was one last challenge today, which I decided to participate it, meaning I participated in all but one of the challenges. Yay! This one was hosted by Falling Down The Book Hole. I loved this challenge, it was so much fun and a perfect way to wrap up the week. The idea is this-- you choose 5 books to bring with you if the world was ending. Mine are as follows...

+ The Crimson Crown, by Cinda Williams Chima: If you've read my blog even a little bit, you probably know that The Seven Realms series is one of-- if not my very-- favorite books series. And the last book is my favorite, it kept me totally engaged in the world, instead of the real world. It would provide a lovely escape.

+ The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Because this certainly has some survival tips in there that I could use in this end of the world mess.

+ A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: Mostly because this is a really thick book that a) I haven't read yet b) is something I want to read c) is right up my alley and d) by the time I finished this one, I probably would have forgotten everything that happened in all the other books

+ Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: This would be something to remind me who I am when I seem like I'm about to disappear, and also it would be something light, cute, fluffy, and entertaining that would cheer me up after these other reading choices and the real world

+ The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien: Because it's about a hobbit who is unwilling to go on any adventures, but is forced into one anyway. Rather like how I would feel when the end of world would come.

So those are my picks! Do you agree? Disagree? Why or why not? As you can tell I'm a really big fan of those giant fantasy books... whoops.

So I shall see you tomorrow with my wrap up post! Until then, keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!