Saturday, April 25, 2015

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-A-Thon: Opening Meme

In case you were unaware, today is Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon, which takes place twice every year, in April and October. The goal is to read as many pages as you can in a 24 time period. This is my first time participating, and I've been so excited all week!

It's already Hour 5, and I've just had time to wake up, and visit a few blogs. Now, I'm going to eat breakfast then get started on my first book!

Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Greetings from the Pacific Northwest of the USA!

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm excited to finish my current read, Crisis by Robin Cook, and to start City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?

At the moment? Whatever's for breakfast!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!

I'm a high school student whose Prom is later today. I'm not going, but it's still rather a coincidence. (Also, it's the 25th Anniversary of the first time the Hubble Telescope was launched into space. The more you know?)

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my first Dewey's Read-a-Thon, though I participated in Bout of Books last summer. I'm excited to get a lot of reading done and visit some blogs of people who are also participating in this event!


Thanks for reading, if you are also using the time of the Read-a-Thon to get some books read, then good luck! Make sure to take care of yourself by staying hydrated, eating plenty, and getting lots of rest.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to meet another PNW'er. Have fun on your first readathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Pacific Northwest! Thanks! I hope you have a good Read-a-Thon as well.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!