Sunday, April 12, 2015

March 2015 Reading Wrap Up

Another late wrap-up post...
Better late than never, right?  Without further ado...

This month I read 5 books!
(All links lead to Goodreads)
 ---
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson

This one is the first in a high fantasy trilogy. It features a strong female heroine named Lucero-Elisa, who was born a bearer of a stone in her belly called the Godstone. I really appreciated the diversity in this book, but some parts were just a bit... boring? And I had a problem with the romance in this first book, but I don't want to spoil anything for you!
4/5 stars on Goodreads

Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

This is the second book in the afore-mentioned trilogy. Most of the time, second book in a trilogy has a "lull" to it. It slows down near the middle. But, oh, boy, this book was the opposite of all that. This book sped up. It was a wonderfully written book, with a "ship I didn't think I would ship until oops I ship them my bad."
5/5 stars on Goodreads

The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

The final book in the Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy. I did a very long, extensive review of the entire trilogy on Goodreads, which you can find here. Don't worry, spoilers are kept inside of spoiler brackets!
4.5/5 stars on Goodreads

172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad

NEVER LOOKING AT THE MOON THE SAME WAY AGAIN. Seriously, this book was so creepy. I made the mistake of reading it at two in the morning, and guess who couldn't fall asleep afterwards? Yeah. This book was a real page-turner, and I could not put it down. If you want a suspenseful page-turner with a daring ending, then this is definitely the book for you.
4/5 stars on Goodreads

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy #4) by Richelle Mead

Let's be honest with each other. This was by far the weakest Vampire Academy novel so far. It was so boring at some parts and just did not interest me in the least. I'm sorry Ms. Mead, but it didn't. The plot twists in it still surprised me, and I finished it pretty fast, but I can only hope the last two books are stronger than this one was.
I was lenient and gave it 3.5/5 stars on Goodreads





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!