Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-Thon: Wrap-Up

So it is about 6 hours after the Read-a-Thon ended, and I'm ready to fill out the End of Event meme. Here it is, below:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?Hours 1-5 because I was asleep, or Hours 13-15 because I had social obligations that prevented me from reading!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?The Selection by Kiera Cass is really fast and an easy read, that I enjoyed. It seems like a lot of people enjoy Cinder as well, by Marissa Meyer.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?Not really.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?Having update posts every hour was really nice to see, and I like the check-up survey in the middle.
  5. How many books did you read?One full book, and parts of two others.
  6. What were the names of the books you read?Crisis by Robin Cook (last 73 pages)
    City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (entire book)
    I, Michael Bennett by James Patterson and Michael Ledwidoe (first 156 pages)
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?I enjoyed all my books, but the last bit of Crisis was probably my favorite. I also liked City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.
  8. Which did you enjoy least?I, Michael Bennett. It was still a good book, though!
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?I didn't sign up officially as a cheerleader, but I did stop by some blogs during the Read-a-Thon to break it up a little.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?Very likely! It was such a fun event that I've been meaning to participate in since forever, and I'm so glad I got a day where I could just sit around and read. I'll probably participate as a reader or a cheerleader, since I like doing both.

Some final stats...
Total Pages Read: 713 pages
Total Time Read: 11.5 Hours
Total Blog Posts: 12
Total Mini-Challenges Participated In: 1

I hope everyone had a fantastic Read-a-Thon! I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!