- It has a nice, pretty book jacket. This way if you accidentally spill something or rip the book jacket, it will be terrible, but you still have a back-up plan.
- They are the almost always the only edition of the physical copy that is avaliable to buy when the book first comes out. So if you want to read the book right away, you get to read the Hardback edition.
- They are much more expensive than a Paperback edition, or an eBook.
- These things are heavy. Especially if you're trying to hold open a thick Hardback book with one hand as you turn the page, and you're nearing the end and suddenly the weight becomes too much for your poor fingers and the book drops. Not that I know this from personal experience or anything.
- You still get that feeling of a physical book in your hands.
- It is lightweight and easy to carry around in a purse or tote bag, to whip out any time and read a few pages.
- The book is relatively lightweight and does not drop out of your hands when you try to turn a page.
- The wait is longer for the book, as the paperback copy doesn't release for awhile after the hardback is released.
- If you spill something on the cover, it looks terrible for all eternity.
- Like Hardback, these editions come out right when the book is released.
- They are very cheap to buy.
- They are super lightweight and handy. If you finish one, you can automatically read another without having to pack two books.
- You don't get the feel of the actual, physical book in your hands.
- If you spill liquid on the eReader, it can ruin it forever. All those books, gone!
What are your opinions?