The original post is to be found right here. Don't forget, it isn't too late to sign up for the challenge on The Book Monsters Blog!
1. What’s the name of your library and how close is it to where you live?
The library that I often visit is the public library, and it is called such. It has another branch of it, that is closer to home and takes about 5 minutes to get there. But usually I go to general one, which is about 10-12 minutes away, but it's worth the slightly longer drive to reach the wider selection of books.
2. How frequently do you go to the library?
During the summer, I go to the library almost every week, occasionally every other week. We read our books fast.
3. What is the first section you normally go to when you get to the library?
The first section I visit is the Teen Section, downstairs. The library is three stories high, and the very bottom level is for teens. It has audio books, a manga wall, and novels.
4. Share a link to your library’s webpage. How often do you use it and what for?
I use the library's website to check out eBooks for my Kindle, since that's the only place you can check them out.
5. Does your library have a summer reading program for your age group? Do you participate and why or why not?
It does, but I don't really participate in it. The reason is because they don't really read, they just do things that they think are cool for the 13-16 year olds, that I'm not really interested in. I want to read, and that's that I suppose.
6. What is one thing you can think of that would make your library better?
Well, I think I'd like it if my library wasn't as noisy. Libraries have reputations of being quiet places, and I like quiet places. Although bean bag cushions couldn't hurt. Heh heh.
7. Does your library have a self checkout station and do you use it more than the circulation clerks?
It does, it has several. I use them all the time, as the check out desk usually has a long line, plus the self check out is overall just quicker to use. Plus there's no one to judge me on my book choices.
8. What programs have you attended or thought of attending at your library?
I participate in the NaNoWriMo Write Ins! I was so happy that they had those at my library, it really is a blast, and I have a whole other blog dedicated to NaNoWriMo, where I talk alot about my library's services at hosting the Write Ins. My NaNo Blog can be found right here.
9. Do you have family that utilizes the library with you? Who is your “library buddy”?
I have three brothers, one who is my age, and we always go down to the teen section together (in which we pretend that we don't know each other), while my two younger brothers go upstairs to the children section. My parents love reading too, so they always go to thier own seperate sections, where my dad checks out the adventure/sci-fi/thriller books, and my mom checks out the chic-lit/romance/contempary books. I live in a family of avid readers, so we're all library buddies to each other.
10. What is the best thing about your library?
The NaNoWriMo Write Ins! I also love the fact that it has such a wide selection of easily accessible books to choose from.