Monday, June 16, 2014

SLC: Read-A-Thon Updates

The Read-A-Thon hosted by The Book Monsters takes place from June 16th to June 22nd, 2014. On this masterpost, I'll update my progress and thoughts for each day, so check back often! If you are also participating in the challenge, I wish you all the best of luck!

Monday June 16th:

Pages Read Today: 405
Total Pages Read: 405
Books Read:
       "The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima  {pages 100-449}
        "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green {pages 1-56}
Books Finished: None
Notes/Thoughts: Today was all about reading, reading, reading! I had already started The Gray Wolf Throne, and I read quite a bit of it before 2am even! I stayed up until 2:09am reading (Just one more page... just one more page...) With all that heavy fantasy action adventure stuff leaving me drained, I decided to pick up my realistic, hopefully more light hearted John Green read. I switched back and forth between the two, and I'm really liking them both so far.

Tuesday June 17th

Pages Read Today: 229
Total Pages Read: 634
Books Read:
         "The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima {pages 449-517}
          "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green {pages 56-217}
Books Finished:
         "The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima 
         "An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green
Notes/Thoughts: Thus far during the Read-A-Thon, I have finished two books! Hurrah! Which means I have finished my current stack of library books must make my mighty return to the library to check out yet more books. My mom says I read too much and need to get out more, so sadly no books for me probably for a while. Ah well. I may have to re-read some of the books I own.

Wednesday June 18th

Pages Read Today: 96
Total Pages Read: 730
Books Read:
 "Wither" by Lauren Destefano {pages 1-96}
Books Finished:
"The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima
"An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green
Notes/Thoughts: So I didn't get as much reading done for reasons already mentioned. Sadly. But I did find this book in my books that I have purchased but not yet read shelf. I guess I was sort of procrastinating on reading it for some reason? I don't know, but it wasn't one of those books that leapt out at me and it's the first book in a trilogy (I've been trying to avoid starting new series' while I have so many unfinished ones) and that's why I was reluctant? I guess? But it's been really good and well-written so far. I'm enjoying it.

Thursday June 19th

Pages Read Today: 228
Total Pages Read: 958
Books Read:
"Wither" by Lauren Destefano {pages 96-324}
Books Finished:
"The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima
"An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green
Notes/Thoughts: I'm updating this late, so I actually don't remember the occurences of this day, but apparently I read quite a bit. I enjoyed Wither alot, and it was so difficult to put the book down once I was engaged in that world!

Friday June 20th

Pages Read Today: 50
Total Pages Read: 1,008
Books Read:
"Wither" by Lauren Destefano {pages 325-358}
"The Crimson Crown" by Cinda Williams Chima {pages 1-17}
Books Finished:
"The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima
"An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green
"Wither" by Lauren Destefano
Notes/Thoughts: Busy, busy day today! First, there was strawberry picking (for making jam...yum!), then to the Library and to Target to get some books. Next I went to a barbeque until 11:30 at night and came back too exhausted and worn out to do much reading, although I did manage to make a start on The Crimson Crown, the last book in the Seven Realms Series. I'm so sad about having to depart from this series! I wish it went on forever!

Saturday June 21st

Pages Read Today: 112
Total Pages Read: 1,120
Books Read:
"The Crimson Crown" by Cinda Williams Chima {pages 18-130}
Books Finished:
"The Gray Wolf Throne" by Cinda Williams Chima
"An Abundance of Katherines" by John Green
"Wither" by Lauren Destefano
Notes/Thoughts: I wasn't really in a reading mood today as I spent the day at a friend's house, and then roasted S'mores over the firepit in my backyard. I did squeak a bit in before I went to sleep as you can see. I am not quite on par with my goal of 1,300 pages to read so I hope to catch up tommorow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I reply to every message as soon as possible!